|Carpathian Forest need no introduction. The band has been surrounded by a pure cult status within the underground, among those devoted to the True Norwegian Black metal scene. In spite of the few releases, during their 10 years of existence, Carpathian Forest are in fact one of the few living legends in a scene that is more than ever overcrowded with trendies and newcomers who just jump on the Black metal bandwagon. Import from Italy.
1. Intro - Damnation Chant 1:01
2. Bloodcleansing 2:43
3. Mask of the Slave 4:12
4. Martur / Sacrificulum 3:26
5. Thanatology 4:40
6. The Suicide Song 3:39
7. House of the Whipcord 3:58
8. Cloak of Midnight 5:28
9. Return of the Freezing Winds 3:07
10. Theme for Nekromantikk 3:04
11. The Good Old Enema Treatment 1:52
12. He's turning Blue ( bonus track ) 2:53
Since the release of their legendary demo 'Bloodlust & Perversion' back in 1992, their music has been following an obscure path, made of obsessive, morbid and grim sounds which are to this day a sort of trademark for the band. Though the band kept silent for a long 3 years between their first official release on Avantgarde Music (the MCD 'Through chasm, caves and titan woods' in 1995), their first full length 'Black shining leather' out in 1998, hit the masses like a fist in the face and received unconditional acclaim by the worldwide press and fellow Norwegian musicians. It was probably this surprising (but we dare say obvious!) feedback that pushed the band to immediately start working on brand new tracks so that we would not have to wait too long for a new opus... Inspiration clearly flowed and we found ourselves with enough brilliant material for not one but two albums! But we must take one step at a time.
Major changes occurred within Carpathian Forest: founding member Nordavind left the band right after the recordings. It was a mutual agreement and we won't make any fuss about it. Tchort (ex Emperor and Satyricon) has taken over the guitar duties, Vrangsinn (of World Destroyer) is the bassist and synth programmer in charge and A. Kobro (In the Woods) is the skin beater. Sound Suite studios was again the incubator that brought to light the band's new creature: 'Strange Old Brew', eleven new tracks which do not betray the essence of Carpathian Forest, for they are still the masters of pure Black metal in the new millennium! 'Strange Old Brew' is just the first part of a perverted concept that will have its conclusion when you least expect it.... 'Morbid Fascination of Death' is already lurking behind you!
Facts: - Actual LINE-UP features TCHORT (ex Satyrricon ex Emperor) on Bass guitar, and KOBRO (In the Woods) on Drums.
- CARPATHIAN FOREST truly is one of the feew living legends in the most underground & extreme metal scene. Among Mayhem, Emperor, Darkthrone, CARPATHIAN FOREST are the forefathers of Norwegian black metal.
- Album recorded and produced by Terje Reffsnes, probably the best Norwegian producer for extreme bands (some of his works include Gehenna, Sins of Thy beloved, Forlorn, Malignant Eternal). - Massive promotional campaign, including appearances on magazines' compilation cds with the song " Bloodcleansing "
- Many interviews coming on worldwide mediias, supported by a big advertising campaign. - First of a 2 albums-Set Concept which wiill be completed in Spring 2001 by the already recorded album " MORBID FASCINATION OF DEATH "
- BLACK SHINING LEATHER was a Top-Selling album over the last two years !!!! ".